Updated: Nov 23, 2021
Why should we march with midwives today - Sunday 21st November?
Below are some statistics that may help you make your decision;
* For every 30 newly qualified midwives 29 leave or never start; In 2018, the number of NHS midwives in England rose by only 67, despite 2132 qualified midwives graduating.
* 75% of midwives report skipping meals, with 25% saying they do so regularly.
* 60% of Midwives are considering leaving. 57% said they were considering leaving in the next year.
* 96% of student midwives reported mental health problems since the beginning of the pandemic
* 1/3 of Midwives have PTSD. 33% of midwives in a study conducted in 2014 displayed symptoms of clinical PTSD.
Click on the link below to find your local group;
At 2pm on 21st November 2021 groups of local supporters will gather in every town with a maternity unit in the UK to ask the government to:
● LISTEN to all staff and service users and their advocates
● FUND emergency retention of staff
● ENABLE all qualified midwives who are willing to work and support students to
enter training and finish their courses
● REDUCE the demands on staff
Let's stand together to help our midwives.
Re post MAMA Academy, The Safer Pregnancy Charity